When it comes to changing a lightbulb in a lamp or a regular ceiling fixture, you can pretty much use any type of lightbulb. But, not all lightbulbs are meant for recessed lighting, so you need to make sure that you are getting the right kind. Recessed lighting is used in many applications, and the right bulbs can make all of the difference in the world to get just the right effect. With this in mind, today we are going to take a look at three of the best LED bulbs for recessed lighting. There are so many benefits to using LED technology, and now you can have it in your recessed lighting too.
Bomcosy 10 Pack 7W GU10 LED Light Bulbs, Warm White 3000K LED spotlight, 60W Halogen Bulbs Equivalent
These Bomcosy energy-efficient bulbs have a sleek design, and can be used to replace 60-watt halogen bulbs. They give off no glare, and offer a comfortable light output. They have 600 lumens of light, and a high color rendering index, so you will see colors as they are supposed to be. These bulbs have a long lifespan of up to 30,000 hours, so you won’t have to change them every few months. In fact, you will likely be using the same bulbs for up to 16 years.
- Easy to Install – These bulbs are easy to install, with a standard GU10 base. There is no need for a transformer, and they are ideal for replacing your old halogen bulbs that are not nearly as energy-efficient.
- Many Applications – You can use these bulbs in your home, for landscape lighting, recessed lighting, track lighting, etc. You will find these bulbs in art galleries, museums, hotels, offices, stores, and of course, many homes.
Pros and Cons
- Environmentally Friendly – These bulbs give off no UV or IR radiation, and they contain no lead or mercury. Also, since they only need to be changed every 15 years or so, they don’t take up valuable landfill space.
- Safe – LED bulbs are cool to the touch, and these bulbs are no exception. If you have to touch one for any reason, even after it has been on for several hours, it isn’t going to burn your fingers.
- Not Working – Some customers have reported that their bulbs did not work, or stopped working after a few weeks or months.
Great Eagle (4-pack) LED BR40 3000K Dimmable Bulb. 18 Watt (120W) UL Listed 1500 Lumens Bright White Light for Recessed and Track Lighting Fixtures
How would you like to reduce your home lighting bill by up to 85 percent? You can, when you make the switch to Great Eagle LED BR40 dimmable bulbs. They can be used to replace 65-watt, 75-watt, 90-watt, and 120-watt halogen and incandescent lightbulbs, and they are the brightest you can get on Amazon. These dimmable bulbs are free of flickers, and offer a great performance and long lifespan.
- Dimming – These dimming LED bulbs work best when you use a dimmer switch that is LED compatible. This is going to give you the absolute best performance that these LED lightbulbs can offer.
- Instant Brightness – Some LED bulbs take a while to warm up, so they don’t reach their full brightness for a few seconds. These bulbs will be at their maximum level of brightness as soon as you switch the light fixture on.
Pros and Cons
- All Types of Lighting – These bulbs are ideal for use in all types of lighting. You can even use them for recessed lighting and track lighting, and they can replace both halogen and incandescent lightbulbs.
- Three Colors – You can choose from three different types of white light with these bulbs: war white 2700K, bright white 3000K, and cool white 3500K – 4000K. You can find just the right lighting for every room in your home.
- Not Working – Some customers have complained that not all of the bulbs in the package work, and that they had to get replacements.
SUNCO 12 PACK – 13Watt 6-inch ENERGY STAR Dimmable LED Recessed Lighting Fixture Retrofit Downlight
The SUNCO 13-watt, six-inch ENERGY STAR dimmable LED bulbs are made for recessed lighting fixtures, and give off a lovely, 3000K warm, white light. These bulbs meet all Title 24 requirements, and come with a five-year warranty. These bulbs are touted to be the number one rated in LED retrofits, and they are compatible with dimmer switches.
- Easy to Install – These bulbs come with an E26 base adapter, as well as two flip mounting clips. They will fit most six-inch metal cans for easy retro-fit installing. They are UL-listed, and ENERGY STAR qualified.
- Safety – Enjoy using bulbs that are not going to burn your fingers if you want to move them to other fixtures, even if they have been on for several hours. LED lighting is cool to the touch, and these bulbs contain no lead, mercury, or other dangerous elements.
Pros and Cons
- Lifespan – These bulbs have a lifespan of more than 35,000 hours, so you will be using them for 30 years or longer before they need to be replaced. In this time, you will save approximately $181 for every lamp that has these bulbs.
- Color – These bulbs have one of the highest color rendering indexes on the market, which is the scale of how true colors look. The higher the CRI, the better the color is going to look, and these bulbs will make colors look the way they should.
- Springs – Some users have reported that after installing these bulbs, the springs came off, so they were not able to reinstall them in other lighting fixtures.
With the rising costs of energy bills these days, we need to find ways to cut back on our expenses, without sacrificing lighting quality in our homes. We can do this by switching to LED lighting, which can be used for all types of lighting fixtures, including recessed lighting. Any of the above three bulbs are going to be ideal to use in your home, and they are also great for galleries, offices, and anywhere else where you have recessed lighting.