LED lightbulbs are wonderful things. They provide a better quality of light than traditional incandescent bulbs, and they are a lot safer to use. The only problem with many of them is that they are not the least bit attractive. Sure, they do look pretty good with modern décor and lighting fixtures, but if you prefer a more traditional style, these are just not going to suit the look you are going for.
Or, are they? LED technology has come a long way in a few short years, and now, you can get bulbs that have all of the benefits of that LED technology, but they look like the incandescent bulbs you are used to. We are going to talk about the CMYK Vintage Edison LED lightbulb, and see just what it has to offer. But first, let’s take a look at the pros and cons of using LED bulbs in your home.
Pros and Cons of LED Lighting
One of the things that people like the most about LED lighting is that it has an extremely long life. An LED lightbulb can last 25 years or longer, so even though they are more expensive than incandescent bulbs initially, you save money over time because you don’t have to replace them frequently. Here are some more advantages to using LED lighting, as well as a few of the disadvantages.
- Efficiency – LED bulbs are highly efficient, and can produce up to 100 lumens of light per watt of electricity.
- Heat – Incandescent bulbs heat up and you can get a pretty nasty burn if you touch them. LED bulbs are cool to the touch, so they are safer to use.
- Speed – When compared to fluorescent lighting, LED lightbulbs have a much faster warm-up time, sometimes as fast as one second.
- Compatibility – There are LED lights to fit into most traditional lighting sockets, so you don’t have to get any adapters.
- Colors – Not only do LED lights come in a variety of colors, you can also get LED lights that change colors.
- Price – LED lightbulbs are much more expensive than incandescent bulbs. But, they last for several years, so they do pay for themselves and then start saving you money in time.
- Dimming – Not all LED bulbs can be used with a dimmer switch. Make sure that you get bulbs that are specifically designed with dimming capabilities.
- Light Output – Over time, the light output and the quality of the color can degrade, but this is common with most types of lighting.
CMYK Vintage Edison LED Bulb, Dimmable 4W ST64 Antique LED Bulb Squirrel Cage Filament Light for Decorate Home, E26, 2200K, Warm White, Pack of 6
There is no reason to complain about ugly, spiral LED lightbulbs ever again, at least not if you start using Edison bulbs, such as the CMYK Vintage Edison LED bulb. This is a dimmable, 4W ST64 LED bulb that has a squirrel cage filament light. It looks beautiful in any lighting fixture, and it is ideal for anyone who prefers the look of a traditional incandescent lightbulb, but wants the benefits of LED lighting.
This bulb gives off a warm, white light, and even though the outer glass is fine, it is a durable bulb that is not likely to break if you happen to drop it. This is a great bulb to use in outdoor lanterns, ceiling fixtures, chandeliers, and pendant fixtures, and it looks great with many different types of floor and table lamps. The best part is, these bulbs are going to last for 30,000 hours on average, so you won’t have to change them for several years.
This bulb measures 5.9 inches by 2.5 inches, so it is small enough to use in decorative lights, such as wall sconces. It has a medium E27/E26 base, so it can be used in most regular lamps and other lighting fixtures. It will give you 330 lumens of light, 80 CRI, and it is as attractive as it is functional. Features include:
- New Technology – These are not your average LED bulbs. The filament technology gives you a 360-degree beam of light that you can’t get from regular LED bulbs. They give off a light that is true and warm, and show off colors as they are supposed to be seen.
- Ease of Installation – There is no difference between installing one of these LED bulbs and installing a traditional incandescent bulb. Just screw it into pretty much any light fixture and it is ready to use.
- Warranty – CMYK backs all of its products. Enjoy a one-year warranty on this and other CMYK lighting products. If you have any problems, contact customer service and they will deal with it to your satisfaction.
Pros and Cons
- Save Energy – You will be saving a lot of energy by using these bulbs, and by that you will also be saving a lot of money on your energy bill in the long run. You also don’t have to replace them often, so you save money there as well.
- Multi-Functional – This bulb can be used in a variety of applications, including chandeliers, ceiling fixtures, lamps, and even outdoor fixtures.
- Damaged – Some users have reported that their bulbs have arrived damaged, and suggest that better packaging be used.
Just because you want to save energy and money, it doesn’t mean that you have to buy ugly lightbulbs for your lamps and other light fixtures. Edison bulbs have that old-fashioned look that most people are used to and prefer, and these bulbs look better with certain types of décor. The CMYK Vintage Edison LED light bulb has all of the benefits that LED lighting has to offer, but it has something that many others do not: beauty. If you want bulbs that look as great as they perform, these may be just the right choice for you. With a one-year warranty, you can’t go wrong, and if there are any problems, you can easily get a replacement within this time period.