If you want lightbulbs that are energy efficient and long lasting, it is time to move away from the incandescent bulbs and check out the many benefits of LED lightbulbs. These bulbs are up to 90 percent more efficient than traditional lightbulbs, and they have an incredibly long-life span of up to 60,000 hours. Sure, they may cost more initially, but when you think about how often you have to replace incandescent bulbs, you will easily see how much money you can save over time by switching to LED lighting. Let’s take a look at the benefits of LED lightbulbs, and then take a look at one of the better bulbs on the market today.
Benefits of LED Lightbulbs
Saving energy and money aren’t the only benefits to switching to LED lightbulbs. Check out some of the other things that more and more people are discovering about this type of lighting.
- Durability – Traditional incandescent bulbs are extremely fragile, and can almost break just by being looked at. LED lighting doesn’t have a filament or neon gas. Instead, a small chip is encased in epoxy resin, which makes LED lighting a lot sturdier than traditional bulbs.
- Safety – LED lighting generates virtually no heat at all, making the bulbs cool to the touch. Even if they have been left on for several hours, you won’t burn yourself if you touch LED lightbulbs, and they aren’t likely to cause fires.
- Environment – LED lightbulbs are made with non-toxic materials, so they pose absolutely no danger to the environment. They last longer than incandescent bulbs, so they don’t end up in landfills, and they are recyclable.
- Color – You can get LED lightbulbs in a variety of colors, including red, blue, green, and amber. The colors are brighter than they are with incandescent bulbs, and you can blend LED lights to create many color options.
Hyperikon BR30 LED Bulb, 9W (65W equivalent), 3000K (Soft White Glow), Dimmable, Wide Flood Light Bulb, Medium Base (E26), UL, Perfect for General Room Lighting, Living Room, Dining Room, 4-Pack
Hyperikon BR30 LED lightbulbs are 9W (equivalent to a 65W incandescent bulb), and offer a 3000K soft white glow. These bulbs are dimmable, and are ideal for providing perfect lighting in larger rooms, including living rooms and dining rooms. These bulbs are environmentally friendly, and offer just the right amount of light for anything that you are doing, from reading to dining.
The dimming capabilities can go from 100 percent down to 20 percent, so you can always set just the right mood lighting. You can control how your space looks and feels, all with a single lightbulb. But, you actually get four bulbs in a pack, so you have them for more rooms and you get to save money by buying your lightbulbs in bulk.
Hyperikon lightbulbs are manufactured in the United States, and are US developed and patented. The company is based in California, and they specialize in LED lighting for homes and businesses. These are superior quality lightbulbs, offering amazing color quality. And, they generate even less heat than other leading LED lightbulbs on the market. In fact, they use fewer watts than some of the most popular GE lightbulbs.
If you are looking for a lightbulb that offers a quality performance with dimmer switches, this is a great option. This bulb is much better than its competitors at producing realistic and vivid colors, and it has a longer life span than other leading LED lightbulbs. It may cost a bit more than other bulbs, but it is definitely worth it. Some of the features include:
- Energy Efficiency – This lightbulb is touted to be much more energy-efficient than a traditional incandescent bulb, even though it is just 9W, with 750 lumens, and it puts out 83 lumens per watt of power.
- Save Money – Because these bulbs are so energy-efficient, you can save around $6 per year on your electricity bill for every bulb you use. This may not seem like much, but when you think about the amount of light bulbs you use in your home, you can see the savings start to add up.
- Dimming Capabilities – The manufacturer promises that this lightbulb will dim smoothly from 10 to 100 percent brightness. Tests showed that it can actually dim down to eight percent, and stays higher than 90 percent at maximum.
- No Flickering – This bulb may not be meant for old-fashioned rotary dials, but it will work with them. There is no flickering with switches meant for LED lighting, and very little flickering with switches meant for traditional incandescent lighting.
Pros and Cons
- Warranty – You are unlikely to experience any issues with this Hyperikon lightbulb, but on the off chance that you do, there is a five-year unlimited warranty, so you are covered. All you have to do is contact customer service for a replacement.
- Brightness – This lightbulb is not only brighter than the average incandescent bulb, it is also brighter than a lot of the most popular LED lightbulbs, including the GE Reveal LED. It produces bright, vivid colors, and offers a great light for reading and dining.
- Lifespan – This bulb has a long lifespan of 45,000+ hours, longer than many of its competitors. Between the long lifespan and the great warranty, you can expect to have lightbulbs that are going to perform for several years before they need to be changed.
- Brightness – Some users report that this lightbulb is not as bright as some of its less expensive competitors.
If you want to save money on your energy bill, and help to protect the environment, it is time to consider switching to LED lighting for your home. Some LED lightbulbs, such as the Hyperikon BR30, stand out above the rest, giving you a long-lasting and high quality performance that you won’t find with many of its leading competitors. It generates virtually no heat, so it is safe to use for many hours at a time, even around children.